- May-28-2017— 7th Sunday of Easter
- May-21-2017— 6th Sunday of Easter
- May-14-2017— 5th Sunday of Easter
- May-07-2017— 4th Sunday of Easter
Faith Formation Documents
If you are interested in joining one of our three choirs, a sign-up sheet is located in the lobby, and music director Catherine Schaefer, will be available after the 11:00 AM Mass available to answer any questions
Currently recruiting singers for our choral program:
- 8:00 AM —Schola
- Men only
- Chants the Propers for the 8:00 AM Latin Extraordinary Form Mass
- No weekday rehearsal, meets before Mass to sing through the chants for the day
- 9:30 AM —Choir
- Leads the congregation in hymns, psalm, and Mass parts
- No weekday rehearsal
- Meets with organist at 9:10 AM to sing through the hymns and Responsorial psalm
- 11:00 AM —Schola Cantorum
- Chants the Propers for the 11:00 AM Latin Novus Ordo Mass
- Sings a 3 or 4 part polyphonic motet or anthem every Sunday
- Rehearses on Wednesday evenings from 7:15 PM — 9:15 PM and on Sundays from 10:30 AM — 11:00 AM
- Some choral experience and music–reading ability is preferred but not required for this group
- Joins the resident choral group Sola Stella for Vespers and concerts
Please join 150 Team to take part in planning our parish’s anniversary celebration!
Please email for more information
Archdiocesan Youth Conference—July 28–30, 2017
- Parish youth between the ages of rising 9th grade and graduating 12th are invited to attend the AYC in downtown Houston
- The three day conference features speakers and musicians that will touch upon the theme Holiness and this year’s Marian theme, Our Lady of Lourdes, will be woven into the weekend talks and activities
- Mass and Adoration are integral to the conference
- Livestream of the general sessions and keynote addresses will be made available
- Mo and Faby Lopez will chaperone the event and we would like to have some of our young men and women attend
- Contact Tammy Zanovello for more information or registration (scholarship up to $75.00 is available)
- More Info
The Gabriel Project
Archdiocesan ministry is assisting two mothers whose babies are due in July. Please pray for them and their families. If you can donate baby items, please email
The Texas “CHOOSE LIFE” License Plate is now available and on sale across the state. Proceeds will be used to promote adoption as a compassionate alternative to abortion. Available Online from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website and at each county vehicle registration site for cars, light trucks, motorcycles, & mopeds
The specialty plate fee of $30 must be paid each year in addition to the regular registration fee. However, $22 of the $30 fee, goes to the Office of the Attorney General of Texas and is distributed to qualified organizations that provide counseling and material assistance to pregnant women considering placing their unborn children for adoption. Organizations that provide or promote abortion are not eligible to receive funds. The remaining $8 covers state and county administrative costs
Loving Embrace is a Catholic educational support group for couples who have endured or are presently enduring the pain and suffering of infertility. The Group meets the 3rd Thursday of each month, from 7:30-9:00 PM, meeting rotation: Couples Dinner, Ladies Dinner, and Couples Discussion. The group provides support for coping with infertility and explores resources, methods, and options that are morally faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The Holy LeagueGet Involved!
Imagine what the Lord can accomplish in our families and communities through a group of men committed to leading the way in the pursuit of personal holiness!
A Holy Hour just for men, with confession, once a month
2nd Wednesday of every month at 5:30 AM
- 5:00 AM - Gather in the Narthex
- 5:30 AM - Holy Hour begins
(Confessions are available)
- 6:30 AM - Holy Hour concludes with Mass
Maria Goretti Network
Support Group for the Abused: Maria Goretti Network. For those who have been abused physically, sexually, spiritually or emotionally. For recovery and forgiveness.
Regular monthly meetings are held every 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Cathedral Centre of the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, 1701 San Jacinto StreetMap
The Annunciation Catholic Church Young Adults
Also Known as ACCYA, invite adults aged 18-35 to join our Sunday brunches, game nights, volunteer events, rosaries, studies on St John Paul II’s Letter to Women, men’s group activities, and fun social events for the whole group.
Look for a flyer in the back of the church or connect with us on Facebook
Cafe Catholica 2017 dinner lecture series for young adults featuring dynamic speakers in 3 new locations
Through the sacrament of baptism, God calls each one of us personally and uniquely. The office of vocations promotes a favorable climate for vocations on all levels. We collaborate with groups such as parish vocation committees, catechists, youth ministers, catholic schools, the family life office, Serra clubs, Knights of Columbus, Catholic Daughters of America and others.Courtesy of HoustonVocations[dot]com
A PLENARY INDULGENCE is granted to those who visit the Most Blessed Sacrament for at least one half hour (together with the three prerequisites; Sacramental Confession, Communion, and Prayer for the intention of the Holy Father, all to be performed within days of each other if not at the same time) of a plenary indulgence. A partial indulgence is granted to those who visit and adore the Most Blessed Sacrament without the three constants or for any period less than one half hourCourtesy of Catholic[dot]com
The Thesaurus Precum Latinarum is a collection of Latin prayers and Latin hymns with English translations and brief commentaries. The commentaries outline the origins, history and use of many of the items with the prayers themselves being drawn from the entire 2,000 year history of the Church. The collection contains a wide range of items, such as basic prayers (Gloria Patri, Pater noster, Ave Maria), creeds, prayers before and after Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Litanies, Hymns, Little Offices, Marian devotions, the Rosary, the Angelus, prayers to the Angels and Saints, and prayers for various occasions.Courtesy of Michael Martin
Knights of the Holy Eucharist
Single Catholic men 18-30: The Knights of the Holy Eucharist, a community of consecrated brothers dedicated to fostering reverent devotion to Our Eucharistic Lord, invite you to discern your vocation at their House of Formation, located at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL. Learn more by visiting the link below or by calling 541.375.0195Courtesy of The Knights of the Holy Eucharist
Catholic Organization Of Life, Inc.is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Its activities are “in association” with the Respect Life Office of the Archdiocese.Courtesy of Catholic Organization Of Life, Inc.
It can be difficult for Catholics to find a Mass when traveling or when it is not practical to attend their regular parishes. It is not always easy to find the right diocesan or parish websites. Mass Times makes it much easier to search for a Mass by presenting all the possibilities in a geographical area on one page. We provide worship times, church locations, contact information, website links and maps. There are 117,000 churches in 201 countries/territories.Courtesy of MassTimes[dot]org